Leadership Strategies & Everyday Tools: Ignite Your Inner Leader – Be the Leader Worth Following
Wednesday, February 17, 2016*
8:00am – 11:00am
* Snow Date: Thursday, February 18, 2015
We’ve all read books and seen plenty of LinkedIn posts that list the habits and behaviors of effective leaders. However, if effective leadership is a unique expression of the leader, emulating the behavior of others isn’t enough. Join SMPS Connecticut to take a deep dive into the practical tool kit of the effective leader. This workshop will help you assess your leadership potential, develop strategies to optimize your value, and create a plan to be an inspiring and successful leader. Whether you’re an emerging or established professional this workshop is for you!
- What it means to be a leader in today’s business environment
- How to show up as a leader within your organization and have others follow your lead
- Metrics of self-assessment to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Traits, accomplishments and behaviors of the successful leader
- Techniques and strategies that are effective in today’s business landscape
- Guiding and boosting productivity in your firm
- Coaching and Counseling - having crucial conversations
- How to determine if your leadership is effective
- Candid self-evaluation to arouse change
- Setting goals and acting on opportunities to express your leadership potential
- Empower others with the tools to lead, inspire and deliver
- Ways to practice leadership in everyday situations
- Better manage and supervise the activities of your team, department, or staff
- Be a leader that brings out the best in people not the stress in people
8:00am – 8:30am Registration
8:30am – 10:00am Program & Breakfast
10:00am – 11:00am Q&A and Networking
134 Berlin Road
Free on-site parking is available.
SMPS CT Members: $60
About the Speaker:
Maura Corvino is the Co-Founder and CEO of Corvino & Corvino Consulting. From her start as an emergency department trauma and medevac flight nurse to her take-charge leadership as vice-president of emergency services at several hospitals, Maura continues to set standards of excellence today in leadership development, management consulting, team building and motivational speaking.
With 20+ years in leadership roles and a Master's Degress in Organizational Leadership, Maura's demonstrated results of cultural and transformational changes are legendary. She delivers strategies that will optimize your leadership potential and provides tools of diplomacy that improve your ability to be effective and inspiring leader/mentor. She has decades of executive experience and personal insights to assist you in obtaining your leadership goals.